Car Care Tips
1. Keeping a car clean: Allowing your car to go too long without a wash leads to buildup of damaging chemicals and dirt and interferes with proper visibility needed for safe driving. A clean car is safer and looks nice when you’re driving down the road!
2. Don’t ignore the Check Engine light: Ignoring an illuminated check engine light can result in serious engine trouble and costly repairs. At the very least, this warning light can alert you to an engine problem that is negatively impacting fuel economy.
3. Change fluids and filters: Many fluids are required for the correct operation and protection of vehicle systems and components. Checking fluid levels frequently along with the filters, and changing fluids and filters on a scheduled basis helps ensure that our vehicle runs dependably and extends the vehicle life.
4. Follow a service schedule: Because many car parts and components wear out or become damaged over time, vehicles need to be routinely serviced in order to perform optimally and keep your vehicle running on the road longer. Routine inspections and timely repairs will help your car running efficiently and will help you avoid more expensive repairs down the road.
5. Don’t neglect your tires: Your vehicle’s tires should be checked frequently for inflation and tread depth. Underinflated tires can wear out more quickly, needing to be replaced sooner and can cause reduced fuel efficiency and safe driving.
6. Don’t be an aggressive driver: Whether it’s stop-and-go traffic, extreme weather, rough roads or heavy loads, it can sometimes be difficult to limit severed driving conditions. However, you can drive smart and improve fuel economy by observing the speed limit; avoiding aggressive driving, including quick starts and stops; not hauling unnecessary items; and keeping your vehicle properly tuned.
For longest automatic transmission life, have the fluid and filter changed every 24,000 36,000 miles. Does yours need to be changed?
As the Car Care Council advises, “Be Car Care Aware”! Come to Schneider’s Automotive Repair for all of your service and maintenance requirements. Our goal is keeping your vehicle on the road longer and with safety as a top priority!